What’s Happening at the Garden Centers
What’s in Store and Happening Now At Our Garden Center Locations
The lists below provide a general overview of what’s in store and available now at Meadows Farms Nurseries and Landscape. We are always receiving material during the spring and fall growing seasons to ensure you have the best selection of plants and materials for your outdoor space. Looking for a new tree or shrub for your landscape? Just a few flowers to fill in some spots? Meadows Farms Nurseries have got you covered! We try to keep this list updated weekly to keep you informed, but by all means please contact your nearby Meadows Farms location for any questions you may have regarding availability.
In the Greenhouses (Updated September 4th, 2019)
- Garden Mums: You know it’s fall when garden mums begin appearing in the garden centers. We currently have 6, 8, and 10-inch pots of mums in yellow, bronze, red, purple, and white. Large 1/2 bushel sizes should be arriving within a week or two as well, including tri-color varieties!
- Ornamental Cabbages and Kale: Ornamental cabbages and kales are a great addition to any fall landscape. Thye fit perfectly in garden beds and in fall-themed outdoor planters. They come in a variety of shapes with shades of white and purple on crisp green.
- Pansies are here: We’ve received our first batch of cold-weather pansies this week in 4.5-inch pots which are sold individually or by the flat. Stop in a couple of weeks from now for a vast array of 6-inch pansy pots in more colors than you can imagine!
- Cool-weather veggies: We still have a good selection of cool-weather vegetables in stock including lettuce, cabbage (the edible kind), broccoli, and more. Get them now while supplies last.
- Houseplants: Several of our garden centers recently received fresh houseplants ready for the fall. Have any houseplants on a patio or screened-in porch that are looking beaten down and tired from the summer heat? Come in to get some replacements which can easily be transitioned inside for the winter.
Trees and Shrubs in Our Fields
- Azaleas, including Encore Azaleas
- Japanese Maples
- Green Giant and Emerald Green Arborvitaes
- Crape Myrtles
- Knockout and Drift Roses
- Fall is the best time to plant and we’re getting new shipments in weekly to provide you with the freshest outdoor plant material for the fall season.
Lawn and Gardening Supplies
- Lawn Renovation (Grass Seed and Sod): Seed or sod your lawn now to help it recover from the summer.
- Straw and Straw Blankets: We’re getting plenty of straw to help with your reseeding projects or for decorating purposes for the fall season.
- Fast Acting Lime: Now is the best time to lime your lawn and Meadows Farms has got you covered. Our Pennington Fast Acting Lime covers in one bag what five bags of regular pelletized lime will cover. That’s less time applying for you so that you can enjoy your lawn.
- Weed N Feed and Fall Fertilizers: Get rid of pesky lawn weeds now with an application of Weed N Feed. We carry in 5,000 and 15,000 square foot bags. For the organic gardener, we carry a special fall fertilizer blend from Espoma Organic that will be great to get your lawn back on track.
- Pots: We’re your potting headquarters for all of your houseplants, patio pots, and garden arrangements. Now is the perfect time to pick up a few new pots for your favorite fall-themed container.
- Espoma Biotone Starter Plus: Don’t forget your Biotone!!! Biotone Starter Plus is a required application for anything you plant this fall. The beneficial bacteria encourages strong root growth and will give your new plantings everything they need for a successful transition as winter comes.
Please note that not every location stocks every item that Meadows Farms carries. If you have questions or concerns regarding the availability of a certain product, please contact a nearby Meadows Farms retail location for information.