What’s Happening at the Garden Centers
What’s in Store and Happening Now At Our Garden Center Locations
The lists below provide a general overview of what’s in store and available now at Meadows Farms Nurseries and Landscape. We are always receiving material during the spring and fall growing seasons to ensure you have the best selection of plants and materials for your outdoor space. Looking for a new tree or shrub for your landscape? Just a few flowers to fill in some spots? Meadows Farms Nurseries have got you covered! We try to keep this list updated weekly to keep you informed, but by all means please contact your nearby Meadows Farms location for any questions you may have regarding availability.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Join us on Easter Sunday, April 21st for an Easter Egg Hunt. It will be great fun for the whole family. More details to come!
In the Greenhouses (updated March 11th, 2019)
- Pansies: All of our locations are getting their first shipments of pansies this week. Pansies are a great selection for early color while you wait for bedding plants to arrive. They’re cold hardy so they can withstand those annoying late frosts and freezes we seem to get every spring. We carry them in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Houseplants: Bring a touch of nature into your home with houseplants. We’re getting beautiful houseplants from Florida delivered this week to many of our locations.
- Cool Weather Vegetables: Who said gardening is only limited to the summer months? We’re receiving fresh, locally grown Jim Meadows vegetables in 6-inch containers. Everything from broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, and more.
- Fresh Perennials Arriving: Our first batch of fresh 4-quart perennials are arriving this week, including the ever-popular Creeping Phlox groundcover in bloom.
Trees and Shrubs in Our Fields (Updated March 11th, 2019)
- Fruit Trees: We’ve received a great selection of locally grown fruit trees ready to plant in your yard. Apples, pears, peaches, plums, and many more. Get them now while supplies last.
- New Shipments Arriving Daily: Fresh stock is arriving daily at all of our locations with new plant material, including:
- Japanese Maples
- Shade trees and Evergreens
- Schip and Otto Luyken Laurels
- And much more!
Lawn and Gardening Supplies (Updated March 11th, 2019)
- MULCH MADNESS: From now until March 20th, get the lowest price of the season on 3 cubic foot Shredded Hardwood Mulch–4 bags for $14 dollars. Limit 100 bags. Don’t miss out because once this sale ends, you won’t get another chance until next year!
- Seeds: Now is the time to start your seeds. We have all the supplies you need to start off strong.
- Burpee and Botanical Interest Seeds
- Jiffy pots
- Starter trays
- Espoma Seed Starter soils
- Cowpots, a great way to grow your seeds indoors for easy transplanting outdoors
- Corn Gluten and Preen: Weed prevention begins in the early spring. Save yourself a ton of labor and headaches this summer by getting ahead with weed preventers this spring.
- Espoma Bio-tone Starter: Don’t plant a single tree, shrub, perennial, or annual without first applying this miracle starter. Filled with the beneficial fungi mycorrhizae, this starter attaches to your plant’s roots to aid in water retention and nutrient absorption, leading to stronger and healthier plants throughout the season.
- Fast Acting Lime: Get your lawn off to a great start with Fast Acting Lime. One bag of Fast Acting Lime covers the same area as five bags of regular pelletized lime, saving you time and money.
Please note that not every location stocks every item that Meadows Farms carries. If you have questions or concerns regarding the availability of a certain product, please contact a nearby Meadows Farms retail location for information.